An introduction...


Never let the sadness of your past & the fear of your future ruin the happiness of your present

 
My name is Kirsty,

From a distance, I’m your average 22-year-old girl. I love travelling, fitness, coffee, all things materialistic, friends and family. However underneath all of that my life has been, and still is, a lot different.

I’m currently fighting Mental illness- I feel I have never really fully ‘recovered’ however over the last few months both my eating disorder and anxiety, once again, took over completely and pulled my life apart. Sound dramatic? Any of you with personal experience will understand and relate to the destruction it causes, not only in your own life, but those around you.

I’m now on the road to recovery- on a mission to get my life back and find happiness. Most importantly I’m looking to learn more about myself and what I like. I hope that my personal journey can bring some comfort, support, guidance or even hope to anyone suffering or on a similar path.

Food, Health and fitness (believe it or not) are all things I am passionate about. Therefore these will all be making regular appearances on the blog as I work to build a healthy relationship with both food and exercise. I no longer want to see food as numbers, or exercise as a way of burning X amount of calories. I want to eat the foods I enjoy (that includes green juices AND cake!) and exercise as and when I want to. I want to learn how to nourish my body instead of punish it.

This is all looking to the future- at the moment if any of you can relate- I’m going through the difficult first steps of recovery with 100 questions screaming inside of my head such as ‘am I eating too much, am I not eating enough, was I ever unwell, do I deserve recovery’ however I am learning to accept these thoughts but not act on them. Recovery of course comes with good days/weeks where you feel like everything will be ok and the bad days when the world feels like it’s falling apart.

The most important thing for me and anyone else is to remember that recovery may be tough and there are days where it may seem too difficult- but it will never be as difficult as living with mental illness’ such as anorexia- because honestly- that’s not even living.

I hope my honest recovery journey can inspire even one person and will log my way to gaining control of my mental health, working to rebuild my happiness and create a life worth living. I aim to find peace with myself and learn that food is a part of life, but life is so much more than food.

 

Feel the fear and do it anyway.

No comments